Map and Directions
Castello di Velona Luxury 5 Star
Castello di Velona Resort, Thermal Spa & Winery is an historical property, a renovated fortress dating back from the XIth century, located on a hill overlooking the entire Val d'Orcia. The property is only 2 km away from the Abbey of Sant'Antimo, 12 km from Montalcino and 30 minutes’ drive from Siena and is provided with free parking. Situated only 9 km away from the village of Montalcino, the castle overlooks the peaceful Val d’Orcia, a landscape of olive trees and vineyards, which produce the world-famous, wine Brunello di Montalcino. From the Castello di Velona, you will be able to visit the famous towns of Siena, Pienza, Montepulciano, San Quirico d’Orcia as well as the extraordinary beautiful Abbeys of Sant’Antimo and Monte Oliveto Maggiore.
- From North: highway A1, exit Impruneta, direction Siena and then Montalcino
- From South: highway A1, exit Chiusi-Chianciano, direction Montalcino
- From Siena: Via Cassia, direction Montalcino and Castelnuovo dell’Abate
- Airports: Florence 150 km; Rome Fiumicino 240km
- GPS coordinates GPS N 42° 58’ 58″ - E 11° 32’ 11″ - Latitude 42 – Longitude 11